See How God Worked in 2018!
I am a Christian mom to a 9-year-old tween named Sara. I was saddened to learn that she stumbled upon websites that were very graphic, despite the fact that we had a filter on our internet and have talked about her coming to me if she ever stumbled upon something graphic. After looking back at the web history, she visited the same graphic website at least eight times in that past month.
We wish that were an isolated incident. But parents write to us quite often with similar stories. Ninety-three percent of boys and 62% of girls have seen online pornography before they turn eighteen.¹ The average age a boy first sees graphic sex online is twelve, according to Covenant Eyes.² But we regularly hear from parents whose children are much younger when their innocence is stolen by porn, like this nine-year-old girl This particular story ended well, thanks to friends like you!
I took Sara to a biblical counselor both to help her process what she saw on the website, and to make sure nothing more was going on. I talked with my pastor’s wife who has girls a few years older than my daughter. She recommended I take a look at your ministry and review some of your online Bible studies and books with Sara. I am in the process of going over your One Year Mother/Daughter Devos, and we watched some of your ministry videos from last year. We also plan to attend the meet and greet when the Secret Keeper Girl event is in our area. I am so pleased to say, thanks to God, I have witnessed a complete turn-around in my little girl and her attitude. I believe God is using your ministry to help young ladies like Sara.
Sometimes it’s easy to lose sight of the purpose behind what we’re doing. But stories like these serve as a great reminder to us about why our mission is so important! Helping parents talk to their children about porn, sexuality, and gender is just one area where we are equipping them with Truth. It’s amazing to be able to play a small part in this story, and the thousands of others like Sara’s.
Fifteen years ago we started Secret Keeper Girl with the desire to see moms and daughters grow closer to each other and closer to Jesus. What began as a small ministry has grown beyond what more than we could have asked or hoped.
- Over 450,000 moms and daughters have attended our Secret Keeper Girl live events.
- Over 10,000 have made first-time decisions to commit their lives to Jesus.
- We have recently launched Born To Be Brave for boys and their fathers!
- Introducing an exciting new partnership for Secret Keeper Girl in January. (You’ll be among the first to know when we’re ready to make the announcement.)
- Releasing Lies Girls Believe & A Mom’s Guide To Lies Girls Believe in February. (We’d like to send you the set. Learn more below.)
- Touring Born To Be Brave through Florida and the West Coast this Spring.
- Taking our Pure Freedom MasterClass on sexual theology and healing to South Africa in March. (The class is available Stateside in June, and we hope you’ll come.)
- Expanding our content for the all-new Dannah Gresh one minute Mom Moments being heard around the nation on over 120 radio stations. (Have you heard a spot featuring biblical advice for parents yet?)
- Writing a book to breathe hope into marriages broken by pain and sin to release in 2020. (We’ll need a lot of prayer for this one.)
- Wrapping up the Secret Keeper Girl Masterpiece World Tour and refreshing and re-launching our beloved Pajama Party Tour in August.
- Continuing to invest in Pura Libertad, our outreach for at-risk girls in the Dominican Republic where the rate of teen mothers aged 13-15 is the highest on the planet. (We are praying to see Satan’s playground turned into a story of God’s glory!)
We feel great peace as we approach our tasks for 2019, and we hope that you will get excited about these next steps along with us. In fact, we need you to partner with us and have developed a campaign to make the year feasible. The “Change Our Trajectory” campaign really will do just that. It’ll be mission forming and shaping at a whole new level for us.The goal of this campaign is to raise a total of $450,000. The best news? We already have gifts and commitments of over $350,000, meaning we have less than $100,000 left to raise to accomplish our goals in 2019.
God is using this ministry to rescue tween girls like Sara, but also boys, mothers, and families. Will you help us? Would you consider giving a tax-deductible gift as we end the year? Each gift—no matter how small— helps us raise the $100,000 needed to meet our “Change Our Trajectory” goal.
As our way of saying thank you, we’ll send you a copy of both Lies Girls Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free and A Mom’s Guide To Lies Girls Believe for a gift of any amount over $30 made in the month of December. You’ll get your copies of the books in January before they are available to the public.
Pray for us, and for the hearts we’re reaching. And thanks for making it possible!