Have you ever participated in a book club? Oftentimes it means people get together weekly, eat some delicious snacks and talk about a chapter of the book they’re all reading.
Why would a book club centered around Dannah Gresh’s What Are You Waiting For? be more effective than just having your teen daughter read it on her own? We’re glad you asked!
1. Accountability. (Ever started a book and never finished it? Yep.) When your daughter makes a commitment with others to read a book, she’s much more likely to follow through and finish the whole book. That’s a great feeling!
2. Relationship. Connecting with others over a book is special. It’s different than catching a movie together because it’s over an extended period of time. This is especially true when the book is rooted in God’s Word. Your daughter will get to bond with others as she walks through Biblical Truth with them. That’s beautiful!
3. Perspective. Maybe you’ve been in a Bible study group and someone across the circle offers a perspective on the scripture that provides great clarity. You think, “Wow! I’ve never thought of it that way before!” Connecting with others from different walks of life will expand your daughter’s perspective and offer challenges she may not have come up with on her own. That’s important!
Our newest live online study won’t be the same without you and your daughter. Join us weekly on Monday, February 14-March 7th 7:30-8:30 ET for “Lies We Believe About Sex” with Dannah Gresh and Staci Rudolph!
This four-week Bible study for teens and young women is not for the faint of heart! (We are rating it PG 13!)
- -One copy of What Are You Waiting For by Dannah Gresh
- -Four weeks of live interaction with Dannah & Staci every Monday night (On-demand viewing of the livestream starting Tuesday morning)
- -Weekly “Stump Dr. Juli” group call