GETTING YOUR HEART READY:
Open your Bible and read Genesis 1 through Genesis 2:2 – the story of creation.
THERE ARE THREE GOALS DURING THIS FAMILY IMPACT ACTIVITY
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN EXPLORE THE PERSONALITY TYPES BEFORE YOU PLAN YOUR ADVENTURE:
PLAN YOUR “HIT THE TRAIL” EXPERIENCE:
WHEN YOU’VE COMPLETED YOUR OUTING:
- What is your favorite part of the creation story?
- What do you think was God’s favorite creation? Why?
- Do you think God created anything accidentally or without purpose?
- Is there something about yourself that you don’t like?
- Where do you see yourself in the creation story?
Read Ephesians 2:10 in a version that declares your child to be a masterpiece. Explain that no two masterpieces are alike. You could share the test results with them at this point and go over the strengths and challenges of each personality represented.
ASK YOUR CHILD:
- What do you think God has given you as a strength? (Be prepared to share what you believe your child’s gifts are)
- What do you think God has given me as a strength?
- What are some things you like to do to help others?
- How are we different from one another?
- How can we appreciate our differences?
End your Camp Staycation family impact activity in prayer. Ask the Lord to help you see yourselves as He sees you, love the parts of you that sometimes don’t seem so loveable, recognize the strengths and talents He’s given each person in the family, and believe that all of those things about you are “very good.”
SAVE THE DATE:
Mark your calendar for July 24th for our Camp Staycation Online Family Campfire! Registration is NOW OPEN, and you won’t want to miss this great event for your entire family! Each week, we’ll release another Family Impact Activity over on the Camp Staycation homepage so your crew can make the most of this summer at home.